Monday, January 18, 2021

A Recipe...Mostly for me so that I don't forget it

Not the greatest presentation, but it tasted really good. 

So I made a dish tonight for dinner that I want to write down somewhere so that I don't forget it.

I cooked a boneless, skinless chicken thigh by this recipe: https://www.thespruceeats.com/chicken-breasts-in-parchment-paper-479485. Only used salt, pepper, and the lemon (not sure if it added anything to the taste in the end). Need to cook it for 20-30 minutes to make it more tender. 20 minutes is enough, but the thigh won't be that tender.

In a separate parchment pouch, put some cauliflower and grated carrots. Drizzle with a little oil. Place in oven for 20 minutes. Stagger with the chicken if necessary.

Once all in the oven, make a half-recipe worth of this teriyaki sauce: https://www.tasteandtellblog.com/teriyaki-chicken/. Add equal amounts of brown sugar and honey (an addition to the recipe). The honey is needed to add more sweetness, which I feel the original recipe is lacking. Also add red pepper flakes.

When the chicken is done, shred it or cut it into small pieces. Toss everything together.

This would go really well with steamed rice.

1 comment:

  1. I would use chicken breast, as I don't like the dark meat. I've never used parchment paper bags to cook. Interesting idea. Doing some blog walking this morning and thought I'd pop in to say hi. Do swing by for a visit.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete