Pattern (Adult Size):
Worsted weight yarn
1. Chain 37.
2. Dc in third ch from hook. Dc across. Ch 2. Turn.
3. Dc across in back loops only. Ch 2. Turn.
4. Repeat step 3 until you have 29 rows total. End with ch 1.
5. Fold the piece in half so that the first row is next to the last row. Slip st together each st of the first row and the last row. Ch 1 at the end.
6. Sc across the top of the piece in every row. Do not join to ch st or first sc.
7. *Sc in next 2 st, sc2tog in next st, repeat from * around until there are 12 sts left.
8. Sc2tog six times.
9. Fasten off. Weave yarn through last 6 stitches and pull tight to close the top of the hat. Weave in ends.