Monday, January 6, 2014

Home

You ever get feelings that home doesn't feel like the same home it was when you were still living at home? I've been home in Maryland for the past three weeks and I can't help but feel this place is my childhood. Well, it is. I grew up here. But now that I live in Austin, it feels different. Like EC should be where I'm a kid and now that I'm an adult living on my own far, far away, it doesn't feel the same. It feels like home, don't get me wrong. But it doesn't feel it the way 'home' does in Austin or did when I was still in school in Maryland. Maybe it's that there are more people that I see almost every day in Austin and most of my closest friends don't live in the EC, MD area anymore. Or that it's the typical winter blues. I don't know. I need to get back to working on my thesis and applying for jobs.

1 comment:

  1. Recently found your blog, and I love it. Hopefully, you will continue to crochet even after graduate studies. I am new to your blog, but I sincerely appreciate it. I plan to try the ribbed winter hat tonight or tomorrow. Looking forward to more posts from you, but be sure to get that thesis done so you can graduate!

    ReplyDelete