Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A Good Deed....


Good deed of the day complete. I had just stepped out for a walk around my neighborhood in Maryland when a woman asked for help in moving some very heavy bins. She was a retired teacher who is friends with one of my neighbors a few houses down who is also a teacher. The retired teacher was picking up two blue bins of children's books my neighbor had set out for her. Unfortunately, the bins were too heavy for her to lift on her own. Although I have back problems that prevent me from lifting heavy things, I walked over and began helping her get those books into her car. Turns out, the retired teacher runs a nonprofit with her husband in Pennsylvania. The books my neighbor donated and I helped get into her car will soon be shipped to children in Belize.

On a random note, here's a picture of a northern green frog from my backyard pond.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment