Monday, August 1, 2011

Some of my entries for the fairs this year...

The Howard County Fair and Maryland State Fair are very big in my life. I've always entered them in Home Arts and I usually volunteer at both. I just wanted to share a few of my entries before I enter them later this week. Here are the two I'm most proud of:


Kangaroo and her Joey

It turned out great, but it was a bit of a pain to attach everything.










Black-eyed Susan Man

The building theme for the Home Arts Dept at the HoCo Fair this year is our state flower. I usually don't enter the building theme, but this year I had a good idea so I went for it. This is my design, but I took some of the pieces from other patterns as follows:
Legs - Squiggy, specifically
Head
Petals (this pattern has moved or has been completely removed as of 1/5/13)




The kangaroo got first and the black-eyed susan man got third at the Howard County Fair.
At the Maryland State Fair, the kangaroo got Honorable Mention and the black-eyed susan man got third. I never do as well in crochet as I do at the HoCo Fair.

1 comment: