Thursday, January 19, 2017

Just got my first 1-star review on Etsy and it isn't even my fault

I just need to get this out because I'm upset about it.

I sold a crochet pattern to someone at the end of December 2016. He messaged me yesterday saying that he had never received the item. I messaged him back saying that he purchased an electronic download, the link was in an email Etsy sent him. We had a few more emails back and forth about.

I refused to offer him a refund. I can't. It's an electronic download. If I offer a refund, I can never get the item he purchased back. And I'm sticking to my guns on this.

Now he left a 1-star review and my overall rating is down to 3 stars. I'm upset about this. My buyer didn't read the title, the first image (it has the word pattern on it), and the first line of the description. The second word of the title is "PATTERN".

I feel like I'm being punished for someone else's mistake and I'm worried it's going to affect future sales because my current rating is relatively low.

2 comments:

  1. Can you edit the pattern offering to emphasize the PATTERN part and add a disclaimer to the page stating that the negative review was a misunderstanding on the buyer's part?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I posted a reply to his feedback (Etsy allows shops to post a public reply to feedback of 3 stars or less). I edited the title of the listing to include "Digital DOWNLOAD" now, but I don't think that would have helped this situation. The buyer didn't read anything before he purchased it.

      Delete